If you're a therapist or therapy grad student/intern interested in becoming a Reiki practitioner and incorporating the wisdom of the chakra system into your work with clients, check out the intimate workshop I'm offering in Mountain View on Saturday, March 14th.
About the workshop:
In this workshop, we will explore the psychology of the chakra system, and you will be attuned as a Reiki I practitioner. Reiki I is used for self-healing, so this is a wonderful resource for self-care. I will offer Reiki II (for offering Reiki sessions to others) and Reiki III (which is the Master/teacher level of Reiki) attunements in the coming months for those who participate in this first workshop.
Please see full details below (click image to enlarge) and contact me if you're interested. Just a couple openings remain. (Workshop is now full, but do contact me if you want to be alerted for future offerings.)
Recommended reading for participants:
For those pursuing a path in the art of hands-on healing and who enroll in my Reiki workshops, I recommend a few inspirational and informative books. Below you will find a short list of book titles, along with affiliate links to these texts on Amazon.
Keep in mind that this reading is supplementary to the trainings, and not mandatory. You will receive a bound workbook during the workshop that I put together to give you the essentials of what you will need, though these writings are recommended to peruse either before (and particularly after) the training to enhance your knowledge.
Recommended books on the psychology of the chakra system:
- Eastern body, western mind: Psychology and the chakra system as a path to the self. by Anodea Judith. (*my favorite, quite comprehensive)
- Wheels of Life: A user's guide to the chakra system. by Anodea Judith.
- Hands of light: A guide to healing through the human energy field. by Barbara Ann Brennan.
- Anatomy of the spirit: The seven stages of power and healing. by Caroline Myss.
Recommended books on Reiki:
- Essential Reiki: A complete guide to an ancient healing art. by Diane Stein. (*really the only one you'd need)
- The Reiki Handbook. by Larry Arnold & Sandy Nevius
- There are many others out there on self-healing with Reiki, Reiki with gemstones, animal Reiki, etc. that you may see as you peruse Amazon. Follow what piques your particular interest and passion.